Businesses and organisations are expected to comply with increasingly stringent governance not only to satisfy regulators but to demonstrate a commitment to best practice to wider stakeholders and investors.
Through the UHY network, clients are able to readily access expertise on corporate governance and risk management issues across borders and benefit from insight into global legislative and regulatory trends.
Many clients choose to outsource their governance and secretarial administration to UHY member firms, benefitting from direct access to professional advisers, increased efficiency and cost savings.
Working with specialists in the field also enables you to focus your efforts on developing your business with the assurance that your statutory obligations are being complied with.
UNDERSTANDING RISK AT EVERY LEVEL
UHY member firms help clients understand and mitigate the risks they face in areas such as regulatory change, new legislation and threats to political instability.
They are able to offer sector specific expertise in areas such as financial services and commodities.
Experts also work with businesses and organisations to build resilience and to embed good risk management practices.
Extensive experience of Sarbanes-Oxley ensures clients can access guidance and advice on specific aspects, or receive step-by-step compliance support.
How UHY LSC can help you:
- Identification and assessment of risks. This is a useful assignment in its own right
- Compiling, gaining approval for and following a cyclical risk-based internal audit work plan
- IT audit is included where risk levels require it
- Ad hoc assignments outside of the work plan might include fraud investigation, other investigations, stock verification work, Sarbanes-Oxley, acquisition or merger due diligence, post implementation reviews, peer reviews, other special projects, value for money studies
- Benchmarking your internal audit function against other similar organisations' internal audit function
- Transfer of broader Corporate Governance know-how; for example how to set up an audit and risk committee of the Board
- Secondment of additional internal audit staff resources to an existing department
- Assignments or staff resources to supplement an existing internal audit or risk management department
With our experienced internal audit team, we can help you to identify those risks that affect the overall well being of your organisation's objectives and strategies with the processes in place to achieve them.